Pro Men - Age 16 & Up (Up to 450cc, 2 or 4 stroke)
Pro Women - Age 16 & Up (Any Size Engine, 2 or 4 stroke)(Note: Women over 16 can also enter any of the men's classes if they wish, veteran too if over 40)
Senior Trophy - Age 40 & Up (Any Size Engine, 2 or 4 stroke)
NON-CHAMPIONSHIP, EXHIBITION TROPHY CLASSES:
350 Trophy – Age 14-Up (2 or 4 strokes, 151 to 350cc, fitted with full-size snow bike kits)
450-Up Trophy – Age 16-Up (2-strokes or 4-strokes 351cc-Up, NOS & Turbos okay)
Women Trophy – Age 16-up (ANY size engine, 2 or 4-stroke) (Note, women over 16 CAN also enter in any of the men's classes if they wish, senior too if over 40.)
Youth Ripper – Age 6-15 using “Ripper” kits, with 2-stk motors up to 85cc and 4-strk up to 150cc.
SNOW BIKE REQUIREMENTS
- No studs, bolts, plates or screws allowed on tracks. Rubber tracks only. Picks at the ends of the outer paddles on the track are NOT allowed.
- NOS (Nitrous) OR turbo chargers are ONLY allowed in 450 Trophy class.
- Maximum engine size of 450cc, 2-stroke or 4-stroke in men’s pro class. Any size motor is okay in other Championship and Trophy classes as noted above.
- No “riding up.” Bikes under 351cc CANNOT ride in the 450-Up trophy class.
- Maximum engine size of 150cc, 4-stroke or 85cc 2-stroke in youth Ripper class.
- Multi-cylinder engines ARE acceptable in any class, as long as displacement does not exceed class limits.
- Cut-off switches NOT required.
- Any race (gasoline) including oxygenated fuel is okay. Methanol or nitro l is NOT allowed).
- Carbides on front skis are okay.
- The Raptor, double-ski front end IS legal.
- Home-made snow bikes are NOT allowed. Snow bike kits must be commercially available.
- No limit on suspension travel or minimum weight.
- Bike sharing has been slowly declining as more and more people get their own snow bike. If you don't have a bike and are sharing with a buddy, you will have to wear a rider number bib and CANNOT both ride in the same class. Bike sharing between two people, one riding in the pro men's and one riding in the senior class, WOULD be okay for instance.
- ALL finishes will count toward a season championship in the men's, women's and senior classes in 2018. There are no throw-away rounds.
- All three National Champions (Pro Men, Pro Women and Senior) will be invited to attend the annual AMA Champion Banquet Awards Ceremony and will be recognized as official and legitimate AMA National Snow Bike Champions.
Pro Men’s class will use qualifying rounds to determine who races in the Pro Men’s Main. Number of qualifying heats and number of riders that transfer will depend on number of entries, and times and results from qualifiers will determine seating in mains . Pro Mains will be at least 15 minutes in length unless conditions warrant changes. ALL other classes, including Pro Women, will be scored via combined results from two, at least, ten minute motos, unless there are more than 12 riders signed up in a particular class, in which case, scoring via qualifiers and main events will be used.
EXHIBITION CLASS EVENT AWARDS:
Trophies to top three in each exhibition class run at each event, plus the Championship Senior Trophy Class. ($35 Exhibition Class entry fees, except Rippers which are $20.)
PRO CASH PER SERIES EVENT:
$3,000 MINIMUM cash (checks issued) paid at each event as follows: (There MAY be additional, supplemental cash at some or all events. $100 per event entry fees for men and $75 per event for women.) Some events may have additional, non-points-paying Dash for Cash races prior to National Main events, and/or manufacturer contingency cash).
- 1st man $700
- 2nd man $500
- 3rd man $400
- 4th man $300
- 5th man $200
- 1st woman $400
- 2nd woman $300
- 3rd woman $200
SEASON CHAMPIONSHIP POINTS: (Tracked for Pro Men, Pro Women, and Senior classes)
- 1st 75
- 2nd 70
- 3rd 65
- 4th 60
- 5th 55
- 6th 50
- 7th 45
- 8th 40
- 9th 35
- 10th 30
- 11th 25
- 12th 20
- 13th 15
- 14th 12
- 15th 10